At the Earth’s Best® brand, we believe babies deserve nourishing fruits handpicked from organic orchards, vegetables grown in nature’s soil, and foods that are produced without pesticides or genetically engineered ingredients.
Why do we swoon over summer produce? When you eat in-season, there’s even more to love: such as confidence you’re choosing foods picked at the peak of perfection and bursting with delicious flavor. Or the excitement of discovering affordable options that help build your baby’s blueprint to be a healthy eater for life. And enjoying foods in-season plays an important role in preserving a vibrant local food economy that benefits people and our planet.
Fresh from the Farm: What’s in Season in June?
For summer inspiration that’s oh-so tasty and packed with nutrition little ones need to shine, check out our favorite in-season picks below.
- Honeydew melon
- Swiss chard
- Green beans
Fall in love with our delicious, seasonally inspired organic goodness for your little one:
6 Fresh Ideas to Enjoy More Fruits & Veggies this Summer:
- Join a CSA. Community Supported Agriculture is a great way to enjoy local, seasonal food direct from a farmer. Visit www.localharvest.org to find a farmer near you.
- Fire up the Grill. Toss your farmer’s market finds, such as corn, potatoes or peppers on the grill (drizzled with your favorite vinaigrette) for a delicious smoky flavor in minutes. Or enjoy grilled summer stone fruit kebabs with a dollop of organic yogurt for a no-fuss dessert that wows.
- Savor a summer salsa. Brighten grilled chicken, fish or pork up with a fresh fruit summer peach, mango or cherry salsa-a simple and delicious way to add an extra serving of produce with dinner.
- Grow it yourself. A backyard pot, or even a windowsill is all you need to get started-growing some herbs or a vegetable can inspire even the pickiest eaters to try a bite, help provide habitat for pollinators, and teach your little one where food comes from.
- Freeze Pleasers. As temperatures sizzle, cool off with Earth’s Best Organic® frozen fruit cups, or make a quick delicious “slushie”: put your favorite Earth’s Best Organic® fruit or veggie pouch in the freezer for 30 minutes for a refreshing cool organic treat.